A small pocket knife is a folding knife that can be a useful tool for everyday activities. Activities such as opening packages, whittling, first aid, cutting fruit, and a ton of other chores you can perform, whether at home, work, or camping.
The versatility a small pocket knife offers is the reason why pocket knives are among the most useful tools known to mankind. Moreover, some small pocket knives have specific features and functions, making them a must-have.
Pocket knives have a lot of uses, and there are many benefits of carrying one at all times. In this article, we will go through some of the things you need to watch out for when you look for a small pocket knife. But before we do that, if you are looking for a pocket knife for everyday carry, here is a pocket knife with an innovative design and multi-tasking functions.
The Fanfoobi pocket knife is a great knife to own. It can be used for everyday activities, but it is especially useful for camping and hunting purposes. Furthermore, this knife can be the perfect gift for anniversaries, Christmas, or birthdays, as it comes with an engraving option on the side of the knife.
- Led Light. This feature comes in handy for many reasons. You can read a book on your camping trip, as well as other nightly activities. Moreover, you can use this feature at home in case of a power surge. All you need to do is reach in your pocket.
- Fire Starter. Another great feature to have when camping or hunting. This fire starter is a safe and reliable method to start a fire even in a cold and wet environment.
- Bottle Opener. This feature can come in handy on many occasions. Whether you are celebrating a birthday, a promotion at work, or sitting by a campfire, you can open a cold beer or soda with ease.
- Seat Belt Cutter. This is potentially a life-saver feature. It is useful in a potential car accident, where you need to cut that seat belt to escape a burning or a drowning car.
- Glass Breaker. This feature is complementary to the seat belt cutter. It can be used to break glass, whether in your car, on public transport, or even at home, in case of a fire.
This all-purpose small pocket knife has a 3.5-inch black oxide stainless steel blade. Moreover, the blade is half serrated, half plain, so its application can be very versatile.
The handle is 4.5-inches long, making the full knife length of 8-inches. In addition to this, it features a liner lock for added safety.
All in all, this knife is a great tool for hunting, camping, outdoor, emergency, and utility use.
What to Look for in a Small Pocket Knife
Intended Use. Although a small pocket knife is intended for daily use, make sure you know the reasons you are buying a pocket knife in the first place. There are many varieties of pocket knives, some are for self-defense, some are for general use, and some camping purposes. If you are a mechanic, your needs might differ from a hunter or a fisherman.
Handle. Make sure the handle is ergonomic and fits in your hand perfectly. Not all pocket knives are created equally. If the knife doesn’t fit in your hand properly, you might injure yourself while using it.
Legal Blade Length. Pay attention to your country’s laws when it comes to pocket knives. In some countries, carrying a pocket knife is prohibited, in others, the length of the blade will determine whether the knife can be carried at all times. The rules vary from place to place.
Opening System. There are multiple opening mechanisms on pocket knives. Automatic is when the blade opens with a push of a button. Manual is when the opening of the knife is dependent on the user. Assisted is a combination between the automatic and manual.
Type of Blade. There are plain-edge blades, fully-serrated blades, and a combination of the two. Choose the one that will best suit your needs.
Everyone should own and carry a small pocket knife as a part of their daily life activities. The benefits far outweigh the drawbacks. In any critical situation, you can always count on these wonderful multi-tools to never let you down.
Whether to cut a loose string on your sweater, open a package, or start a campfire, the compact design, the sharp blade, and the many additional features make the small pocket knife an absolute necessity.